About the workshop:
In this one day shoe design workshop you will learn how to design footwear from both a creative and technical point of view, using our templates, inspirational ideas and shoe blocks we will help you take your ideas to the next level. No drawing or creative experience is necessary; it’s all about following a process. We will take your favourite design and teach you how to turn it into a pattern, which is the first stage of actually making a pair of shoes!
This is the perfect course for people who love shoes, and especially for those thinking about starting a career in footwear. Here’s what will be covered in this course:
• Designing in 2D form (putting pencil to paper).
• How to properly tape up a last for 3D designing. (The last is the shoe block).
• Designing in 3D form, directly onto the last.
• How to best position lines on the last for perfect fit and comfort.
• Pattern making of 1 or 2 of your chosen designs.
“My mom used to tell me that I should have ten different careers in my life. She always told me: just do what you love, and have fun with it. When we start doing something, everyone is creative, and everyone is different. I really believe that there is enough space for everybody in this world to do something. If you have an idea but someone else is already doing it, so what, just do it anyway. Do it really well, and you will be fine.”