About the workshop:
A perfect beginner-intermediate leathercraft workshop for those wanting to understand the process of handbag design and construction. This full day workshop begins with pattern construction and using the traditional art of leatherwork to create the handbag.
- One inner pocket
- Detachable strap
- Magnetic closure
- Approx size: 25cm x 12cm x 4cm
- Draw and set measurements to your handbag
- Based on our drawing, create the pattern pieces using thick cardboard
- Choose your colour leather from our range of veg-tanned Italian and Belgian hide
- Cut leather using the pattern you have made
- Learn the technique of saddle stitching of using 2 needles
- Hammer holes using a prickling iron in preparation for stitching
- Burnish the edges of your handbag
- Finally personalise your handbag your with your initials
*Full refunds will only be given for cancellation made 2 weeks prior the event.
“There is a constant battle between business and design, though. To what extent you need to design for your market and to what extent you should stay true to yourself. It is a very hard thing, and I am trying to find a balance. You work a lot and you do work really really hard. Sometimes things go wrong or they don’t happen in the way you expected, but it doesn’t matter. You just keep going, simply because you love it.”